Compassionate Release Wardens Workload
Every application for compassionate release from federal prison must pass through the Warden's office. The Warden is the gatekeeper and must gather a voluminous amount of information prior to making a decision on a compassionate release request. Additionally, the Warden is responsible for preparing a referral package if the compassionate release request is approved at the institutional level.
Step One: The Warden Gathers Information
The information and documentation that the Warden must gather varies depending on the nature of the request . For instance, if the request is based on the incapacitation of a spouse or registered partner , the Warden will require significant amounts of information relating to the spouse or partner. If the request is based on a terminal medical condition , then the Warden will gather and review health records and medical opinions.
Regardless of the extraordinary and compelling reason justifying a request for compassionate release, the Warden will collect and review the following information:
-Information and documentation relating to the prisoner's crime and criminal history, including the nature of the offense, the length of sentence and amount of time served, supervised release violations and unresolved detainers.
-Information relating to the prisoner's personal history, including current age and age at sentencing, institutional adjustment (including disciplinary infractions) and other information from the presentence report.
-Comments from victims.
-The prisoner's release plans.
-Whether release would minimize the severity of the offense.
Step Two: The Warden's Referral Package
If the Warden determines that compassionate release is appropriate, the Warden will refer the matter to the Office of General Counsel. When making this referral, the Warden sends a comprehensive package of documentation, including the following:
- The Warden's written recommendation along with any other writings from staff members relative to the request.
- The prisoner's Judgment and Commitment Order and all sentencing computation data.
- The most recent progress report. The progress report must be less than 30 days old and should indicate that all detainers and holds have been resolved. If a pending charge or detainer has not been resolved, the Warden must provide an explanation.
- If the request is based on a medical condition, all pertinent medical records, including but not limited to a comprehensive medical summary by the attending physician, which should include life expectancy, test results, consultation reports and referrals.
- A copy of the presentence report, a copy of Form U.S.A. 792--Report on Convicted Offender by U.S. Attorney, the most recent custody and classification form, Probation Form 7a, information on fines and the Central Inmate Monitoring Case Information Summary.
- Information as to whether the prisoner is in the Witness Protection Program. If so, the referral package should include confirmation that the appropriate victim(s) and witness(es) have been notified.
- If a term of supervised release will follow compassionate release, confirmation that U.S. Probation has approved the release plans. However, even if the prisoner will not have a term of supervised release, release plans must still be included. Release plans must include, at a minimum, residence and financial information. Release plans may also include coordination with a variety of social service agencies and the prisoner's family.
- Upon sending this packet to General Counsel, the Warden's involvement in the compassionate release process will have concluded.
See our discussion on the compassionate release process for a more detailed overview of the moving parts involved. Likewise, see our compassionate release in federal prison page for a top-level overview of compassionate release in the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
We strongly recommend that you consider hiring competent counsel when seeking a compassionate release. First impressions matter. This is doubly true when a reduction in sentence is being requested. We at the Law Offices of Brandon Sample have considerable experience in such matters and are available to assist you with your needs today.
To learn more about the Warden's involvement in the compassionate release process, call us at 802-444-4357.
- Compassionate Release in Federal Prison
- The Process of Compassionate Release in Federal Prison
- Compassionate Release Process FAQs
- Criteria for Compassionate Release
- Compassionate Release FAQs
Can a warden release a prisoner? To seek compassionate release, federal inmates must file a petition with the warden
. Compassionate release is only granted "when there are particularly extraordinary or compelling circumstances which could not reasonably have been foreseen by the court at the time of sentencing." more
Can a game warden search your house without a warrant Alabama? Alabama state law unconstitutionally allows game wardens to enter onto posted private land without any level of suspicion of illegal activity. more What distance must you ensure the group remain from any open line when acting as a site warden?
You must block all the lines at your site of work. feet 6 inches
) from the nearest open line. more
Can a game warden come on private property in VA? A game warden can come on private property without permission and without a warrant
. Though in most cases, they do not act any differently than police officers except for the environment they are in. more
Does the warden have 500 health? The Warden has a total of 500 health
. This equates to a total of 250 hearts in-game. It was designed to be an overwhelming force of nature, too resilient to kill before its massive damage output kills the player. more
Can the warden smell you?
The warden is completely blind and relies on vibrations and its sense of smell
to detect players and mobs to attack.Warden. more
Is the warden stronger than the wither?
In conclusion, the Warden will clearly be the strongest mob in the Minecraft 1.19 update
, simply because the beast can run much faster than the Wither and has much stronger attacks. more
Can a game warden come on private property in Alabama?
It is all perfectly legal, and it violates the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution. Alabama state law unconstitutionally allows game wardens to enter onto posted private land without any level of suspicion of illegal activity. more
Do ear mites smell in dogs? Mite infestations can cause a foul odor in your dog's ears
. You may also see a buildup of dark debris in your dog's ears, similar to coffee grounds. As you examine your dog's ears, look for redness in the ear canal as well as the outer ear, as this is another sign of ear problems in dogs. more
Who is stronger Ender dragon or warden?
Health points The Ender Dragon and the Warden are both incredibly strong mobs in Minecraft. Each mob has far more health points than the player. The Ender Dragon has 200 health points, while the Warden has 84. This makes the Ender Dragon stronger than the Warden
as far as health goes. more
Can a game warden come on private property in PA?
PA court: game wardens can enter private property
You may be interested in...
Which English stadium is most beautiful?
What size ovarian cyst needs surgery?
Which pet is best in India?
Does drinking lots of water help a cough?
What was on the Earth First?
Do Dachshunds give kisses?
What's bigger Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coon?
How much can I earn from Bitcoin blast?
How many cards can you get with a Costco executive membership?
Which buttercream is best for wedding cakes?
Who came first Superboy or Supergirl?
Can Jayden be a girl's name?
Is blackjack a skill or luck?
Why does my Pitbull bite so much?
Why are my blood pressure readings so different?